Dialogue can be a:
-statement
-question
-exclaimation
A speech+a speaker tag=a complete sentence.
Dialogue structure
-
example:"I am happy,"John said.
-<speaker tag>
example:John said,"I am happy."
Punctuations of 1 statement dialogues structure
Statement:I am tired.
Example:Steve said,"I am tired."
Structure:
Punctuations of 2 statement dialogues structure
Statement:I am tired.I need to rest.
-"I am tired,"Steve said."I need to rest."
-"I am tired.I need a rest,"Steve said.
-Steve said,"i am tired.I need to rest."
-"I am very tired,"said Steve,"and I want to rest."
Punctuation of thoughts...
If you want to show a character think words to himself,
without actually speaking them aloud,follow the same
punctuation and capitalization rules but eliminte the quotation marks:
-This is going to be long day,he thought.
-Where did they go?she wondered.
Action and Dialogue
Example:
1)Action:John looked upset.
Speech:My dog died.
Speaker tag:John sobbed
Sentence:
-John looked upset."My dog died,"John sobbed.
-John looked upset."My dog died,"he sobbed.
2)Action:Tom took a stick.
Speech:You better watch out!
Speaker tag:Tom threatened.
Sentence:
-Tom took out a stick."You better watch out!"Tom threatened.
-Tom took out a stick."You better watch out!"he threatened.
This is what I learned today!*Logging out*

No comments:
Post a Comment